Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Not Joan

I swear that I do not have an OCD personality!!! I'm not a "Joan Crawford"...I like to think of myself as a bit of a "Neat Freak"...if not neat then just "Properly-Put-Away-Freak". I can't explain exactly where this trait comes from...I do remember as a child my mom would like for her house to be clean and kept proper and organized. But even with all her cleanliness ,I don't think she really forced that on me...other than to pick up my room...make my bed...pick up the dirty clothes and such, that was all that was required of me...she always handled the rest.

So growing up, I have always been this way...items have their own designated homes and they need to be in their homes to remain in tact...if not, then bad and nasty things may occur. Scratches or dings may become a permanent scar on their appearance, they may become broken and need mending ( rendering them not as brilliant as they just were two seconds ago...damaged goods)!!!

Over the years I have especially seen to it that my posessions were well taken care of and treated with the utmost respect. I did not want to repurchase an item...there should be no need, if it was handled with care the first time. I very rarely let others borrow my belongings...I always had a gut-feeling that So-and-So would never treat my possessions with love and tenderness. Now there have been occassions when I did give in, with a huge pang in my stomach, and let loose the item for a time being...because I felt I could trust that person...only to never have the item returned or have it returned in a battered and tattered shape. I can promise you...that no one borrows my belongings, if I have anything to do with it.

So I guess this is why I sometimes feel the need for cleanliness...maybe I do take it to the extremes and even get my feelings hurt...but I do need to remember...that it's all material posessions and they can be replaced and the house will always need cleaning as long as my family occupies it...so what the hell...I'll just chill and not stress-out quite so much...what matters most, is that we're happy around each other and enjoy good times together...screw the mess...next time, I'll just hire one of these...
or better yet...one of these...


xxoo...jakey...woooooooooooooooooooossshhh!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home