Thursday, June 08, 2006

All Along The Water

Yesterday the family and I travelled down to Galveston. Boogie and Grace brought a couple of their friends. We arrived about 13:00 and set up camp on Stewart Beach. I sat under the umbrella while everyone else went out into the sea. I did not want to burn...unfortunately, I missed a couple of spots with the sunblock and I got burned on the tops of my feet...I'm a bit sore.

It was nice to get out and sit in the cool ocean breeze and get away for the day. We stayed for about three hours and then headed back home.

On the way back home as we made our way down the seawall, I noticed two buildings that had the rainbow flag flying in the air...right there in plain sight...like a beacon in the night. I chuckled as I drove by...even in Houston, I don't think I've seen any rainbow flags flying around like that.

Cheers to "The Pink Dolphin" and the other establishment that I didn't happen to catch the name of!!!

Here are a few pics of the children trying to feed all of the birds...


...with a careless memory
jake...wooooooooooooooooossshhh!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Smith said...

It looks and sounds like you had a bitchin' time down at the beach. I wish I could have been there -- eh, maybe not so much.

You know where I'd like to be? Manhattan!

10:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home