Saturday, July 23, 2005

Basking Days Away

Another uneventful Saturday Night here in Jakey Land...no "make-believe-gay-boys-in-the-gay-club-having-a-gay-'ole-time" tonight!!! I haven't had one of those in a while...the last one was on Pride Night and I didn't even get to spend that much time in the club...since we arrived so late.

But, all is not a loss...some of you, may or may not know that my birthday is coming up here shortly and so I have traded my Sunday so that I can go out on Saturday night and ring in my 35th the right way...which means, I'll probably be at home with the family watching tv, or each other, or someone else's children!!! Wow...Now How Exciting Could That Possibly Be???!!!

35 is definitely a milestone. At times...it's hard to believe that I am already in my mid 30's..."Thirty-Something"...when it seems like I was just a kid running around the house fearing my dad and being my mom's best friend and loathing my brothers. Where did the time go??? How could that much time have just passed by right under my nose???

On the way home from work the other night...Five For Fighting's song "100 Years" came on...and I just started zoning and thinking about time and my life.

Just 5 years ago for instance...I was in such a different place in my life, both my mother and mother-in-law were alive, my daughter was just 6 years old and my son was only 4 years old and "The Destroyer"...hadn't even been conceived.

And here I am now...5 years older...5 years wiser and I take everything for granted. If I could just turn back time...just 5 years...I'd do so many things different and cherish each moment.

So what do the next 5 years have in store??? Where will my family and I be???...What will we be doing??? My Daughter will be 16, my son will be 14, and "The Destroyer" will be 7!!! Not to mention I will be 40!!! Yikes!!!

LIVE LIFE.

...with a careless memory
jakey...wooooooooooooooossshhh!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home