Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Here Comes The News...With Love From Me To You

It's been almost ten years since I was in college. TEN YEARS...A DECADE!!! WOW!!! Where has the time gone???...and better yet, just what have I done with my life over those ten years???

Oh yes...ten years has allowed me the benefit of producing two beautiful children, adopting another son and cultivating two best friends relationships and securing our own unique functional family. I've managed to survive the brainwashing of certain individuals and their cult and realize just who I am. I've learned to live life and not take myself to seriously. I've learned to appreciate ALL of my childhood memories...the good and the bad...and learned to continue to go on with life after the passing of my mother and my mother in law (both in one years' time).

So yeah...ten years go by and here I am attending college again. It feels like I haven't missed a beat. It feels good 'cause now, I'm a bit more grounded in life, a little wiser and now have much more direction. Today was the first day of my freshman year. There's at least a four year journey for me to the finish line, but I can confidently say in which direction I am running.

Funny thing happened this morning, first day of class.

As the professor was taking role, he called out a name that I immediately recognized. The name belonged to a guy that was sitting behind me. I didn't notice this individual when I arrived at the beginning of class, so I was quite amused when I heard his name called.

It seems that this particular gentleman and I had met approximately a year ago for coffee...with the intentions of finding out about each others' gay selves. Yup Yup...this was the guy I met at Starbucks because a mutual friend of ours wanted to set us up on a blind-hook-up date. Fortunately, all we did was talk and drink coffee.

So yeah...when Professor Dooselberry called out MR. X's name, my mouth dropped...and not for the reason that your thinking...but just out of shear amazement!!! Can you say...Awkward???!!!

I think I'll make him my study partner.

Here's to a fantastic-orgasmical school year...I'm predicting good things for everyone involved.

...with a careless memory
jake...wooooooooooooooooooossshhh!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Smith said...

That's hot that he was right behind you. Did you ask if he'd recognized you when you sat down?

Did you check your back? He probably posted a note, without you knowing, that says,

"I know what boys like!"

12:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my GOD!!! you have to tell the whole story when I come fo rmy b-day
can you believe it has been almost one whole year since we met?

22:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home