Friday, April 22, 2005

Mr. X

One of the cast members from "After the Governor's Ball" came up to me and said, "I have a FRIEND I would like you to meet". My heart immediately stopped beating...could this be it?...could this be the one that I meet and fall in love with?...could this be destiny knocking at my door?...I could hardly contain the excitement and the giddiness welling up inside.

I humbly but quickly accepted the invitation with an "OK, great that would be nice". She elaborated and said, "I'll have to introduce you two one day...he's not here tonight". OH FOR HEAVEN'S' SAKE!!! All of my hopes and dreams...dashed upon the rocks!!! I thanked her for the consideration and we parted ways.

My curiosity was aroused, so I immediately went to work and dispatched my network of spies to retrieve and reveal to me, all possible information of who Mr. X was and what he was all about.

The following information was gathered:
- 24 Yrs old
- Argentinean
- wears glasses
- short

That was it! That was all I had to go on. You can imagine my disappointment...my mind immediately began to concoct an image of MR. X's physical appearance. This could not be good!!!

Needless to say, I didn't build up high hopes of meeting a Ricky Martin or Benicio Del Toro, or Antonio Banderas or even a John Leguizamo...CHI CHI!!!...one could always hope.

I went about my normal routine until a few days later "the actress" approached me again and asked..."Did you get his number"? Apparently, she had given Mr. X's number to a mutual friend of ours and he didn't pass it on to me. Damn Him!!!

As fate would have it, the number ended up in my hand...so there I was...there it was...I stared at it...it stared at me...it called to me...it longed for me...it was inevitable...I had to make decision...good or bad...should I or shouldn't I?...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home